It doesn’t happen often, but today I had a week day off. Reason being, I work on Saturday. So I took today as a “ME” day. Don’t we all deserve one every now and then? And no, I didn’t lay by the pool, or get a massage, or get my nails done. What I did do?….
1. I started my day with a RUN after I slept in. Ok, ok, I did as I said I would – I started the CouchTo5K app on my phone.
The program had me alternating running and walking back and forth, with a 5min warm up and 5min cool down. It bothered me to start walking so soon, so I’m happy to report that each “run” was a sprint! I really tried to give it my all and pushed myself to the limit. It sucked having to deal with the lack of oxygen cramps though. Learning to breathe properly is also in the training. I’ve forgotten it all lately. It was an awesome workout, and rough in the heat.
2. Made myself a good breakfast -scrambled egg, cheese toast, and a cooked weeny. Does anyone else do that? I like to do the same with bologna too! I ate my breakfast actually sitting and watching tv. in the floor. because I was NASTY. Then showered.
3. Errands. Ok, no that doesn’t really count when it’s a ME day, but hey, you do what ya got to do. And the whole reason for these errands was to get a car tag. Which didn’t happen. Because South Carolina has rules I am NOT use to and had me go all around the world. Why couldn’t they just tell me ahead of time what all I would need? Oh, I was suppose to call and find out? oops.
4. Shopping. I was on the hunt for a mirror to go over our mantel, and something to go in the vase up there too.
I ran all over from Target, to TJ Maxx, to Pier 1, to Kholes, then to Marshalls. Pier one had a pretty snazy clearance sale and I lucked up finding these grassy decor things for .98 each (orginially $6!!) Um, JACKPOT! So I bought three. Then the mirror that I’ve been trying to find, finally met my eye in Marshalls! $29.99, but no hanger thing, so I got a couple bucks off, and with giftcard money I only spent $11.00!! Oh, yes folks. That spells success. Now if I could just get the mirror to hang we’d be good!
5. Skipped lunch because my breakfast was late, and a lot. So I grabbed a Strawberry Banana smoothie.
6. Pigged out on these DElicious cherries I bought yesterday. I never buy them because they are so expensive, but we bought fewer groceries this time, so I splurged I guess.
7. Enjoyed yummy Japanese cooking from my American husband. Chicken marinaded in Sesame Ginger marinade. Fried rice. Broccoli. And some “Yum Yum” sauce. He’s a master chef I tell ya. Super glad my man can cook!!
Back to work tomorrow. Back to every day life.